Ever imagined a hostel in India (a country where the hostel culture is relatively new) which will make you trek to reach it? Introducing, India’s first and only Trekking Hostel – Heart of Travellers Hostel, aka HOTs. The trek is easy and soothing to the eyes and the mind alike. Nestled in the Jeolikote area of Nainital (Uttarakhand), the hostel is extremely affordable, with accommodation price starting from Rs.299 which includes free Wi-Fi and breakfast.
Here’s why you must visit and stay at this hostel:
- It is relatively far away from the hustle bustle of the city life, in the lap of the nature.
- The main building is about 150 years old, giving an eerie but rich experience of colonial architecture.
- As it is the only such hostel in the country, it has already started to attract a bunch of backpackers from different parts of the world visiting the country.
- There is small wall with an incomplete note that can be completed by the guests – “Before I die, I want to … ”
- The kitchen is open 24 hours a day, where one can showcase their culinary skills
- The hostel houses a cafe, named HOTs Cafe, which offers scrumptious food at a relatively inexpensive price.
- Plenty of board games and musical instruments along with a microphone to ensure that there is no time for boredom.
- Hostel offers hefty discounts for artists, if they can contribute to the organization.
- The hostel works as a perfect base camp for a number of trekking trails in the surrounding areas.
- The interiors as well as the exteriors are painstakingly painted with vibrant colours.
The second hostel of the HOTs Hostel chain is coming up in Sheraghat, Uttarakhand. So when are you going to visit India’s only Trekking Hostel?